PUTO Cake

My First Attempt and Turn Out Great!
I will try the Rice Flour Next Attempt!
Rice Flour Cake (PUTO)

I have been wanting to make PUTO (Rice/Flour Cake) for quiet sometime and I am inspired by Maria Samuelson. She makes a very tasty PUTO Cake. So I went to Youtube to get information on how to make it and what are ingredients. My mix-n-match on my ingredients. I don't follow what the book says! lol. I guess that's just me. So here's the ingredients I got from you tube.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Cups All Purpose Flour(replace Rice Flour if prefer the rice puto)
  • 1 Cup of Sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Baking Power(some use Baking Soda)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 3/4 Cups of Water ( I used Almond Milk)
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla for flavoring
  • 1/4 Cup Melted Butter(You can use real butter or can't believe it's not..)
  • Food Coloring (this time I didn't have one available, so my puto are colorless)
  • Any Cheese to your liking( I used Peanut Butter Reese's Chocolate Chips for decoration)
PROCEDURE:
  • Mix all dry ingredients.
  • Then add water(or milk if you prefer), melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and color to your liking.
Mix it well making sure it is smooth and no lumpiness. 

Now brush your muffin pan with melted butter so that your puto will not stick to the muffin pan. Fill it up half way to give space when it's flop up!

Now set your filled muffin tray over steam pot.
Wrap the lid with clean cloth and close the lid.

Set the timer for 10 minutes.

You should have a nice floppy Puto. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! :-)hindi ko alam magluto ng mga kakanin kaya hanggang tingin nalang ako dito..
    http://www.whatsyourbeautysecrets.blogspot.com
    http://corasdailylogin.blogspot.com
    add me please! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will put smiles on my face!